previous arrow
next arrow
previous arrow
next arrow


Alitalia – Società Aerea Italiana ( is Italy’s largest airline and commenced operations on
January 1, 2015 after acquiring the operational activities of Alitalia – Compagnia Aerea Italiana, now
named CAI. CAI has a 51% controlling stake in Alitalia and the remaining 49% of shares are owned by Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates. As part of its 2015 summer schedule, Alitalia flies to 102 destinations, including 27 Italian and 75 international destinations, with a total of 164 routes and about 4,500 weekly flights. Alitalia boasts one of the most modern and efficient fleets in the world with an average age of eight years. It is a member of the SkyTeam alliance and is part of the Transatlantic Joint Venture alongside Air France-KLM and Delta Air Lines. Alitalia, together with airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Etihad Airways, Etihad Regional operated by Darwin Airline, Jet Airways and NIKI, also participates in Etihad Airways Partners, which brings together like-minded airlines to offer customers more choice through improved networks and schedules and enhanced frequent flyer benefits.
Alitalia and Etihad Airways have been named Official Global Airline Carriers of Expo Milano 2015.

Be the first to comment on "ALITALIA"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!